Monday, April 6, 2020

Week 1 Monday

All Aboard the Crazy Train!
 Here we go with long distance learning... for KINDERGARTEN! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³πŸ™

Last Thursday you picked up your child's paper bag of goodies! I will be going through what is all in your bags and folder and what I expect during this online adventure! Some of the things in there we won't get to right away.  The links and the cubes will be for after we finish Unit 5 and move on to Measurement in Math.  Some of you have other games or things in there that you can play anytime, I know there will be a number of Kiddos that won't want to wait that long! 

With that being said, the Ziploc bags with art supplies in them are all planned out for one each week every Friday!  However, you will have the directions for each art project the Monday before, so you could do them any time during the week.
There is also a Ziploc bag with 5 games and a die in it!  You can play these anytime! You could also use the Unifix cubes as markers or pawns, so you can play them over again!

ATTENTION:  According to our school calendar we have no school this Thursday, Friday and next Monday!  And of course I already planned school and lessons for those days! So if you could take Week 1 Thursday, Week 1 Friday and Week 2 Monday and put them behind Week 4, I will save those for after April!  I will however have you do the Art Lesson, as it is an Easter Egg!  You can choose which day this week you would like to do it on!  I have all the instructions below.

Alright, first and foremost I don't plan on having your kids sitting in front of a computer or iPad for hours a day... so with that being said, lets go through your folder!

I have 4 paper clipped packets of work sorted by weeks.  You should have 4 weeks worth of instruction. Each week is then broken up by day.  There are roughly 3-5 items/day.  
At the end of April there will be a drop off/pick up time and day scheduled for you to turn in your child's finished work and pick up the next set (still praying we will be back sometime in May, but not holding my breath.) 
I will give an overview of the week each Monday, but I will have other things posted each day!  Your child must check the blog everyday and COMMENT for me to mark your child present each day.  Each Monday I just want you to sign your kids name in the comments, Tuesday-Friday I will have a Question of the day that they will need to answer!

Monday: Will always start with a Calendar sheet, I did this sheet with them the last time we were in school, so they should know how to fill it out! The last day we were in school it was day 125, so their first calendar sheet would say it is day 126.  Tallying may be difficult as we did not spend a lot of time with that before we left.

April Day 1 Paper is what I called "Morning Work,"  it has a little phonics and math all together!  This one is pretty straight forward!

Math Review 4-3:  Adding on to 10, subtractions, writing numbers 1-20.  #3 is always one that trips them up.  It says to draw a picture that shows 10 ones and 2 ones.  So....

πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“                                                                       πŸ’“πŸ’“
πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
Ten shapes (any)together                                                          Then 2 shapes separate 


Religion packet:  Color a page each day as we go through Lent!  Pray the Our Father and a Hail Mary each day, and work on your sign of the cross!

Tuesday

I know my phone number worksheet!  We mastered their addresses, but their phone numbers still elude them!  

April Day 2- No surprises here!

Math 5-16:  Greater than/Less than. Follow the directions at the top. #1 is an example of what they are looking for!

Science: Click the link below to watch a video on Solids, Liquids and Gases!

Matter ~ Solids, Liquids, & Gases Sorting Activity | TpT

Take the quiz at the end to see how much you learned! Please have them watch this, as there will be more work coming up this week that has to do with solids, liquids and gases. 

Wednesday

Days of the week: Color, cut and glue!

April Day 3: Sight word is SOME

Science: 3 Coloring pages!  Each page has an explanation of either Solids, Liquids or Gases and then they are to color ONLY the pictures that correlates with the Matter at the top of the page!

Thursday(Save for May 9th)

I know my phone number again!

 April Day 4: Sight word is LIKE. Phonics: HOT

Math Review 3-6:  Write 13 and 14. Adding and Subtracting. (It is totally ok if they want or need to use something as counters)

Science: Matching Matter! Color the little picture sheet as well as the words on the big sheet! Then cut, sort and glue in the appropriate place!

Friday(Save for May 10th)

April Day 5: Sight word: They             Phonics:Gum

Religion: I added another coloring page! I know your are not finished with your packet and that is ok! I just threw this in there for fun!
Today is STILL Friday Funday!  I challenge you to build or create something( fort, Lego building, play dough, driveway chalk drawing, bake cookies etc.) and send me a picture!  


Do this Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday!
ART: That's right, we are still doing ART!
Today we are going to make an Easter egg!  Find the Ziploc bag with a white piece of paper and a white crayon!
1. Using your white crayon color shapes, lines, sqwigglies all over your egg! 
2. Using the water colors paint your egg!
3. Let it dry
4. Cut it out
5. Hang it in a window facing the road..... maybe someone will see it!


If this is too much daily work or not enough, please let me know! I am trying to keep them busy, but not make a bunch of work for you parents either.  Please do what you can and know that I understand if it all doesn't get done! 

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions, obviously I am around.... and I would love to help!

God Bless you and your families!
Mrs. Lowe




23 comments:

  1. Thank you for everything your doing! Bridget has been itching to work on her homework the day we got it πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew she would be! She is the same way at school! "What's next Mrs. Lowe? I can't wait!" Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  2. Sutton will start to work on this. We were going to start now but there is a mysterious beeping sound coming from somewhere in the house... we have to go investigate... stay tuned! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, my guess is a travel alarm clock! Good Luck finding it!
      Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
    2. We never did find the beep. We tried to follow it, we looked upstairs and downstairs and then it just stopped!

      Delete
  3. Good Monday morning to you all ~
    Here we go!!! Lydia is excited about doing homework again! So thank you soooooo very much, Mrs. Lowe, for getting this all sorted! We miss you all πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her too! So glad she is excited and that I can help make this situation feel a little more "normal." Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  4. Dominic has been begging to start school since we picked up the packet on Thursday! He was so excited to start! He misses you! Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It makes my heart happy when they love to learn! Miss him too! Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  5. Karly is overly excited also! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Karly is always ready to go! I can just about imagine how eager she is! Good Luck! Let me know if you need anything or have any questions!

      Delete
  6. Here we go....Ashlynn was up early impatiently waiting to start. Thank you for being so organized it definitely makes it easier on us substitutes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Oh boy I have a lot of eager kiddos today! Organization is not normally my strong suit, but I channeled my Mom and whipped this out! Let me know if you need anything or have any questions!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for organizing this so nicely! Kinley was super excited when she got her packet Thursday, today not so much. We're doing a little at a time. She ended up having to go the ER yesterday for dehyrdation because she wasn't eating or drinking because of her teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. That poor thing! Hope she is on the mend soon! Let me know if you need anything or have any questions!

      Delete
  8. Charlie's excited to get started. We are checking in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for checking in! If you need anything or have any questions, let me know!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carter is very excited to have new things to do!! Thanks for having it so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! That is one thing I am not called very often! But, my Mom would be so proud! LOL! I am so glad he is excited and ready to work! Love it!
    Let me know if you need anything or have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Axel was a little sluggish about doing his work, but he completed all the assignments. Thank you for all you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it helps to have a reward after or beat the timer, or if you are doing something like folding the laundry or cutting the lawn, have a goal for him to finish by the time you finish your work and a reward (extra game time, treat, etc.) if he finishes before you! I have used this for a lot this year for a number of my kiddos! No problem, it is my pleasure!

      Delete